The Range Rover Club of Australia, SA Branch Inc.
It is not necessary to drive a Land Rover vehicle to become a member of our Club. We do have other 4WD types and, indeed, encourage them.
I’ve heard our Club described as relatively casual, and social, and it is true that we do not have, or
· We usually meet on the evening of the third Tuesday of each month in the Riverside Rowing Club rooms, Adelaide. A guest speaker often addresses matters either technical, social or environmental. On occasions we meet at business premises.
· Each Easter for the past few years we have stayed at Alpana Station, near Blinman, and supported the Land Rover Register Club’s Jamboree. When at Alpana we invariably join a tag‑a‑long tour in reasonably challenging terrain.
· Driver training is conducted for Club members and formal qualifications, at little cost, are gained.
· We have nominated members with considerable mechanical expertise who are available for other members to seek technical advice.
· We conduct social outings, e.g.
· We have a
· We are affiliated and liaise with the South Australian Association of Four Wheel Drive Clubs (Four Wheel Drive South Australia) and get representation and feedback on the wider issues affecting 4WDers, e.g.
· We have basic safety equipment for hire.
· Members are encouraged to make purchases from advertisers in our magazine and request our Club discount rates.
· With the affiliation of the FWDSA, members are covered for substantial public liability insurance during participation in all Club events, including trips.
· We are able to access true off-road vehicle insurance at a discounted rate. The SAAFWDC wrote its own policy statement, then sought insurance to cover it. This policy is 4WD specific without fine print escape clauses. This is much sought after by many members and cannot be accessed unless a member of a SAAFWDC affiliated club.
The above is a condensed version of what our Club offers members. To get a feel for the general climate among members, I encourage prospective members to attend a monthly meeting and observe the interactions and general conduct of one of our meetings.
We would welcome your interest.